Restored , Ford GPW jeep made 2 February 1943.
Chassis number : GPW 97442
This beautiful Ford GPW was post war used by the Italian army and imported few years ago.
The Ford got a complete restoration.
engine, gearbox and transfercase overhaul, all the body work done, no filler used.
The end product is this great looking and driving Ford GPW.
– Ford GPW engine
– Ford GPW transfercase
– Ford GPW gearbox
– Ford GPW body
– Ford GPW chassis
– Ford GPW Front axle
– Willys NOS rear axle
Including the canvas top and canvas bags
More pictures , price and information : Info@byf41.com, or the contact form below.
|Engine||134 cu in (2.2 l) Inline 4 Willys L134 “Go Devil”|
60 hp (45 kW; 61 PS)
|Power/weight||49 hp/ST (54.0 hp/t)|
|Payload capacity||1,200 lb (540 kg) on-road;|
800 lb (360 kg) cross-country
|Transmission||3 speed x 2 range transfer case|
|Suspension||Live axles on leaf springs front and rear|
|Ground clearance||8+3⁄4 in (22 cm)|
|Fuel capacity||15 US gal (12.5 imp gal; 56.8 L)|
|300 mi (482.8 km)|
|Maximum speed||65 mph (105 km/h)|
Number of Willys build:
|Willys MB||1941–1945||361,339 (335,531 + 25,808 “slats”)|
World War II
On the battlefield, the Jeep was fast, nimble and tough. It could handle nearly any terrain, and when it did get stuck, it was light enough for soldiers to lift free. It towed anti-tank weapons that could be deployed quickly, and it could mount a machine gun for fighting infantry.
The tough, simple, Jeep® Brand 4×4 became the GI’s best friend—second only to his rifle. One MB was even awarded a Purple Heart and sent home. General George C. Marshall, US Army Chief of Staff during World War II, and later U.S. Secretary of State, described the Jeep® Brand 4×4 as “America’s greatest contribution to modern warfare”.
Scripps Howard WWII Reorter Ernie Pyle once said, “It did everything. It went everywhere. Was a faithful as a dog, as strong as a mule, and as agile as a goat. It constantly carried twice what it was designed for and still kept going.” (Source Jeep.com)