Recently Restored , Ford GPW made in March 1942.
Chassis number : GPW 75xx
This beautiful Ford GPW was post war used by the french army, afterwards used civil in France and bought by a collector in Belgium who restored this jeep.
Engine, gearbox and transfercase overhauled and body restored.
Including the canvas top.
More pictures , price and information : Info@byf41.com, or the contact form below.
|Engine||134 cu in (2.2 l) Inline 4 Willys L134 “Go Devil”
60 hp (45 kW; 61 PS)
|Power/weight||49 hp/ST (54.0 hp/t)|
|Payload capacity||1,200 lb (540 kg) on-road;
800 lb (360 kg) cross-country
|Transmission||3 speed x 2 range transfer case|
|Suspension||Live axles on leaf springs front and rear|
|Ground clearance||8+3⁄4 in (22 cm)|
|Fuel capacity||15 US gal (12.5 imp gal; 56.8 L)|
|300 mi (482.8 km)|
|Maximum speed||65 mph (105 km/h)|
Number of Willys build:
|Willys MB||1941–1945||361,339 (335,531 + 25,808 “slats”)|
World War II
On the battlefield, the Jeep was fast, nimble and tough. It could handle nearly any terrain, and when it did get stuck, it was light enough for soldiers to lift free. It towed anti-tank weapons that could be deployed quickly, and it could mount a machine gun for fighting infantry.
The tough, simple, Jeep® Brand 4×4 became the GI’s best friend—second only to his rifle. One MB was even awarded a Purple Heart and sent home. General George C. Marshall, US Army Chief of Staff during World War II, and later U.S. Secretary of State, described the Jeep® Brand 4×4 as “America’s greatest contribution to modern warfare”.
Scripps Howard WWII Reorter Ernie Pyle once said, “It did everything. It went everywhere. Was a faithful as a dog, as strong as a mule, and as agile as a goat. It constantly carried twice what it was designed for and still kept going.” (Source Jeep.com)